What is the lead time?
- The lead time depends on the product selected and the customer's requirements. We try to keep the lead time as short as possible. The optional time we need to produce the print tools is indicated in the product sheet of each product on rotoSHOP.
Where does production take place?
- Production takes place in our factory in Poland. Exact address of Rotometal DBN Sp. z o.o.: Jana III Sobieskiego 14 66-200 Świebodzin
What is the product guarantee?
- Detailed information on the guarantee can be found in the product sheet on rotoSHOP.
How can I place an order?
- Print cylinders and accessories can be purchased directly from rotoSHOP or by contacting our team via email or phone.
Is it possible to obtain trade credit?
- In order to receive trade credit, you must apply to your sales representative. Each trade credit request is considered on an individual basis. If you are ordering through rotoSHOP, please submit your request to email@example.com.
How do I connect the adapter to the air cylinder and how do I slide the sleeve cylinder onto it?
- The most common method is an adapter onto which the air cylinder is screwed, and then the raceway or part of it is removed in order to fit the sleeve cylinder. The adapter connected to the air cylinder provides compressed air, which escapes through special holes in the air cylinder. The compressed air expands the inner diameter of the sleeve cylinder allowing it to slide onto the mandrel. The cylinder is pushed in so that the mounted lock slides onto the pin located on the air cylinder. Once correctly positioned, we disconnect the air, the sleeve cylinder clamps and locks onto the air cylinder, i.e. the pin. The final step is to tighten the previously removed raceway and disconnect the adapter from the air cylinder. Compressed air is used for assembly and disassembly.
Of course this is the most common method, the construction of air cylinders varies from machine to machine but the assembly process is very similar.
How do I connect the adapter to the air cylinder and how do I slide the rubber sleeve onto it?
- The most common method is an adapter onto which the air cylinder is screwed, then the raceway or part of it is removed so that the rubber sleeve can be fitted. The adapter connected to the air cylinder provides compressed air, which escapes through special holes in the air cylinder. The compressed air expands the inner diameter of the rubber, allowing it to slide onto the mandrel. When fitting the rubber, the first ring must first be inserted and the rubber slid into position, followed by the second ring. The rings are to be in contact with the sides of the rubber. Tighten the rings with the air cylinder screws to block the movement of the rubber during printing. Once correctly positioned we disconnect the air, the rubber clamps and locks onto the air cylinder i.e. the mandrel. The rings are supplied from Rotometal with the order. The final step is to tighten the previously removed raceway and disconnect the adapter from the air cylinder. Compressed air is used for assembly and disassembly.
This is the most common method, the construction of the air cylinders varies from machine to machine but the assembly process is very similar.
What is a drop?
- DROP is the difference between the raceway diameter and the working diameter on the magnetic cylinder. In other words, the DROP value (is measured on the diameter) and is twice the GAP value (measured on the radius), which is the gap between the cylinder and the pressure cylinder. The DROP value is given during cylinder manufacture to match the most commonly used plates by the customer.
Do you recondition cylinders?
- We recondition both magnetic and counter-cylinder cylinders. With ecology and sustainability in mind, we try to keep our products in the longest possible production cycle. We have our own internal department for the reconditioning of our products. For the reconditioning of cylinders, please arrange all details with our sales representative first.
What are ferrite magnets?
- Ferrite magnets are fitted as standard to our magnetic cylinders. They are characterised by a high mechanical strength, they attract material to the cylinder very well. Due to individual customer needs, it is possible to assemble ferrite magnets and neodymium magnets on one cylinder. The configuration of such assembling must be notified before the production process.
What are neodymium magnets?
- Neodymium magnets show very high adhesion to the material. We use them in cylinders in the case of thick sheets and at the customer's individual request. Due to their properties, it is not possible for a cylinder to have only neodymium magnets, as there would be a problem with material dismantling. Neodymium magnets are used as a supplement in sensitive areas on the magnetic cylinder.
What is the ANTIFRICTION coating?
- The ANTIFRICTION coating applied to our print cylinders significantly helps to remove double-sided tape from their surface. The tape that is placed on the printing cylinder to mount the photopolymer plate leaves various traces during removal, such as: glue, dirt or pieces of tape. Our technology allows the tape to be removed in one piece quickly and easily. This is a convenience that reduces the machine operator's time and effort when changing double-sided tape. The application of such a coating on the printing cylinder gives additional protection against damage, e.g.: scratches when using a knife. Thanks to such properties, the cylinders increase their service life during the printing process. ANTIFRICTION technology is exclusively used on cylinders from Rotometal.
Is transport included in the price?
- The transport charge is a separate item on the invoice. Transport is calculated individually depending on the delivery location. We are transparent with the charges that result from the order. We do not wish to artificially increase the prices of the cylinders by including transport charges.
Why do you charge for packaging?
- The packaging fee is added because of the cost we incur. We are transparent about the charges that result from the order. We do not want to artificially raise cylinder prices by including transport charges. Our packaging in which the printing tools are transported is robust, safe, environmentally friendly and useful to the customer when storing the cylinders.